5 Awesome Game of Thrones Charts, Maps and Infographics

by admin on May 28, 2011

As a young and fledgeling series, Game of Thrones is still a bit lacking in related online material, although the amounts are growing pretty much every day. As of course material is still a bit thin on the ground, I decided to collect as many maps, charts and info graphics as are currently available into this post so as to make it easier for everybody to access them, especially those who have better things to do than spend half an hour researching Game of Thrones Inforgraphics, charts and maps. There aren’t any spoilers by the way, except for some potential spoilers in entry 4. I made them a bit small so you’ll have to open them up separately by clicking on the image – less risk that way.

Well, here you go:

1. Number one is a colourful world map of A Song of Ice and Fire. I had to include this since it pretty much covers the whole GoT World.

An Awesome Game of Thrones World Map. Source

2. The second entry in the list is a set of maps of Westeros, the westernmost island in the World of A Song of Ice and Fire. This is where a good chuck of the action takes place, though by no means all of it. The author is the same as the one above, and the details and colourfulness of these maps work really well with their medieval/cartoonish style. They remind me a lot of illuminated manuscripts somehow.

The Reach. Source

The Stormlands. Source

The Westerlands. Source

The Westerlands. Source

The Vale. Source

Dorne. Source

3. Next up, families. After all, what’s the story without its characters? This chart shows the main characters filling up the world of Game of Thrones, including relationships and faces.

Houses of Westeros. Source

4. Another infographic showing the relationships between different characters. What this one loses in faces, it makes up for in detail. It comes in two versions as well : A basic illustration of the different houses in the games and a second infographic adding the different relationships between the characters on top of the basic family ties.

Game of Thrones Infographic: Houses. Source

Houses and Relationships: An Infographic. Source

5. Another Map of Westeros and the Land across the Narrow sea. It’s not as lovely looking as the other maps in the post, but in simplicity lies its strength.

Game of Thrones Houses in Westeros and the Land across the Narrow Sea. Source

An Extra for those of you who speak Portuguese, a nice looking infographic on the history of Westeros, The Wall, a description of the Hand of the King and its/his functions, and the main Houses in GoT. Quite and interesting read.

Portuguese Infographic. Source

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Posicionamiento web July 20, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

Lindsey August 25, 2011 at 6:12 am

I really like your game of thrones world map! As I’m reading the books, it feels like they are missing some important maps of the dotharaki! I only wish I would have found your maps sooner so that I could follow Daenerys journey! I really feel that you should submit your world map and family trees to Bantam Books to get them added immediately!!!

Amura August 30, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Hello. I enjoyed studying the maps that you have posted here. I am currently reading through the first couple of books and wanted to better visualize the geography of where all the events are taking place. These maps were very helpful with that. Great blog and thanks!

Karl September 4, 2011 at 2:01 am

This was just what I was looking for and more. I’m finishing up the second book and was having trouble relating the lands of Westeros to the rest of the world. The image is much clearer to me now and I’ll have an easier time reading it. The family trees are also very helpful in the format you used and the graphics are nice and clear. The only thing I can recommend is a map of Westeros that has more detail of places based on some of the writings in the book. For example, the book mentions places during some of the characters travels that I have an idea of where they are, but are not on the map in the book. It would be awesome if that could be compiled. Thanks for putting this together. I’m sure I’ll be referencing it often.

Judy September 22, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Good grief, start to sell these please. I need my office plastered with these maps!!

Lacuenta February 2, 2012 at 4:33 am

Really nice charts, was watching the series and wondered about the lay of the land.

I noticed a few discrepencies -after watching episode 6- in the lineage chart though.
1: isnt viseryes dead,
2: ghost (the wolf) is still alive it was lady who died.

Anyway great stuff, I’l check back here for sure!

Andrew February 24, 2012 at 12:08 am

Thanks, I really like the globe map at the top, it’s even better than the maps in the books. I wasn’t sure exactly where Astapor and Yunkai were until now! Anyway, the only complaint is there’s no house map for the north. Surely they must have made one for Winterfell and their bannermen, no?

Robert April 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

The line to Cersei’s children should NOT be between her and Robert. :)